Call Us For Free Consultation





Google +


children Tag

Law Booth - Lawyers & Notaries > Posts tagged "children"

Importance of a travel consent letter for children

Canadian Travel Consent Letter

Government of Canada strongly recommends that Canadian children carry a consent letter if they are travelling abroad alone, with only one parent/guardian, with friends or relatives or with a group. For the purposes of this consent letter, a Canadian child is defined as anyone who is under the age of majority (18 or 19, depending on the province or territory of residence).

A consent letter is not a legal requirement in Canada, but it can simplify travel for Canadian children, as it may be requested by immigration authorities when entering or leaving a foreign country or by Canadian officials when re-entering Canada. The letter demonstrates that Canadian children have permission to travel abroad from parents or guardians who are not accompanying them.

At Law Booth, we can draft the letter for you while you wait in as little as 15 minutes. We ask that the person(s) consenting bring two pieces of ID’s including a passport along with the full legal names, date of births and passport number of the children and the person(s) traveling with the children.

You can purchase a travel consent letter directly from our website. Simply input the data and pay. We will have it ready for you to pick up.

travel consent letter for divorced parents
travel consent letter for minor
travel consent letter for minor travelling with one parent
travel consent form for minor traveling without parents
travel consent form
travel consent form for minor
travel consent letter Ontario
travel consent letter sample